Course Creator is our platform, used to build and edit FutureLearn courses.
To access Course Creator you first need to have received an invitation via email, providing you with relevant permission.
Log in to Course Creator for the first time
The lead contact/project lead at your organisation can grant you permission to access your organisation's area in Course Creator by inserting your email address into the 'Teams' tab. If it is agreed that you specifically require organisation admin permission the project lead can send your email address to courses@futurelearn to request a permission invitation be sent to you.
Click on the invitation link provided in the email. You will be prompted to sign in / register to create an account if you don’t already have a FutureLearn account. Some people who have taken courses with us using the same email, already have an account.
Sign in or register:
Create your profile
- Every learner and educator can have a FutureLearn profile.
- A profile includes an image and a short bio about them (2 short sentences).
- Setting up a profile/amending a profile can only be done by the individual after signing up.
- On the FutureLearn landing page, click on the square in the top right containing your username initials and select 'profile' from the drop-down.
- If an educators profile is going to feature on the Course Description Page or is going to be linked within the course content it is best that the profile with bio and image is created and updated straight away.
- If educator profiles are shared, learners can view them and choose to ‘follow’ the educator.
Access Course Creator
The second, third, and fourth time you access Course Creator follow these instructions (see video below).
- Visit the FutureLearn homepage.
- Select sign in or register in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Once logged in select the 9 dots (waffle) in the top left of the screen in the admin bar.
- Select Course Creator from the drop-down.
- You should see a page with the title Admin.
- If your organisation has previously created courses you may be able to view them in your organisation by clicking on the courses tab. This will depend on the permission you have.
- If you have been given permission to access a specific course it will appear on the page.
Terminology on this page that you aren’t familiar with? Check out our glossary.
Article is closed for comments.