Adding key stats to organisation pages
As part of our work for microcredentials, in the future we will be able to show key facts about the organisations that we work with alongside a short description on course description pages. If you provide the following information to your partnership manager it will display alongside your organisation description when we roll this out across the site:
- Year established
- World ranking (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings, ShanghaiRanking Academic Ranking of World Universities, or U.S. News and World Report).
Reinstating and testing the landing page for the latest Study UK campaign including:
- Updated UX and UI for landing page and eligibility checker, to keep in line with other platform changes between campaigns.
- Label courses applicable for the campaign in order to automatically generate lists of courses and better monitor data.
- Configured course landing page with customised ranking of the courses in order of popularity and enrolment windows.
- Reporting update to the real-time, automated reporting dashboard for the British Council including all key campaign metrics.
FutureLearn Unlimited discount in October
Providing a time limited discount for learners to buy unlimited for a lower price for the month of October.
We have been experimenting with discounts for Unlimited to understand how this affects purchases, we will be looking at the results to understand whether this type of discounting should be done on a regular basis.
CRM for Microcredentials
Implemented a new CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to enable FutureLearn to receive and prospect Microcredential enquiries.
As part of the microcredentials launch we will be trialling a call centre environment where sales agents will be calling prospective learners who register interest in a microcredential. These sales agents will be finding out more about a learners needs, goals and motivations, provide them with key information about the microcredential, and ultimately inspiring them to complete a registration, payment and enroll.
Learning and Assessment
- Replaced course carousel with courses in shelved table on Your Learning program page, making them more functional for learners ready for microcredentials:
- Show local run start dates on course description pages and course cards in Your Learning to prevent confusion amongst learners.
Course Creator improvements
- Added the year field to the date on comments so it's easier to see when a comment was made
- Added numbers to weeks on the Content page of a course run
- Made it possible that when a run is duplicated that any relative links within the run are updated to reflect their new destinations. This is limited to steps, weeks and the upgrade page for a run (i.e. /course/number/upgrade)
- Enabled attachment/link functionality on more steps such as Group task, Peer review assignment, and Portfolio task steps, where we think that related files and links will be useful for educators wanting to provide extra contextual info or downloads for learners about to complete a task.