Degree programs are a type of closed program that sits under your degree. The number of programs will depend on your institution’s policies and learning design.
Program runs represent the different cohorts on your degree e.g. 3 program runs for January, May and September intakes respectively.
Add a degree program
Under the Programs tab in Course Creator select Create new program and enter the below information.
- Partner program code: the code used to identify the program, we recommend this matches how you refer to the module at your institution.
- Program type: set this to Degree program
- Listed program: this should be unticked to ensure the program doesn’t appear next to public, listed programs. Degree programs are instead added individually to the Degree description page.
- External enrolment URL: this link is required in order to allow a program to be open for enrolment and will take the learner to apply at your institution.
Add a program run
- Starts on: is mandatory for FutureLearn to publish the program
- Open for enrolment: leave blank.
- Enrolment deadline: optional
- Code: match with the code for this program cohort in your institution’s system.
- Resources: display to learners any pertinent assessment information, reading lists and whether/how they can gain access to the university library.
- Enable discussion: we can enable this feature to allow students to post questions / comments in the Announcements area of the program page. This is available via the Your Learning page to students
Nest a degree
Once you’ve created your degree description page, degrees, and constituent programs and courses link them together to create a stackable qualification.
Add a course to a degree program
To nest or link a course to a program go to the Programs tab in Course Creator, and select + Add course next to the relevant degree program run.
Select the course run you wish to add from the drop-down list on the next page.
Once the course has been added the button described above will change and display the number of courses currently in the program.
Selecting this will show a breakdown of each course, its run number, and start date.
Adding degree programs to degrees
Degree programs are added to degrees in the same method as described above but using the Degrees tab instead.
Terminology on this page that you aren’t familiar with? Check out our glossary.