Exercise steps and external tools require an additional Quality Assurance (QA) review.
During this additional QA, we check that all the elements of the embedded tool will be fully accessible to learners no matter what device they use.
Prior to submitting your exercise step or external tool for QA, please:
- Consult our technical and accessibility standards for exercise steps and external tools
- Familiarise yourself with our wider criteria for external tools and accessibility used during your full Quality Assurance review.
- Test it yourself
- Review this Exercise step and external tool checklist
- Build the exercise step or external tool within your course in Course Creator. The form below requests a link directly to the step, where it can be tested.
Complete and submit the below form no less than 30 days before the course is due to start. FutureLearn aims to provide timely feedback via email, should updates to the step be required. Feedback will include actions that are:
- Required - Issues that would drastically affect the learner experience or that prevent learners from accessing the exercise. These must be addressed in full prior to the publication of the course. FutureLearn reserves the right to temporarily prevent exercise steps appearing in live courses where they believe issues have not been resolved.
- Recommended - Actions are not required, but are deemed to have potential to improve the learning experience. For example, these might be presentational in nature, or relating to the interaction patterns used.
If the embedded form doesn't show for you, please use this link: Exercise Step Submission Form
Terminology on this page that you aren’t familiar with? Check out our glossary