FutureLearn has an internal creative ‘agency’ – we call it FutureLearn Studio.
If your organisation plans to offer courses on FutureLearn, but needs extra support to make it happen, the FutureLearn Studio team can help.
We can provide a tailored package of course production and/or consultancy services to suit your needs.
Who can request support from FutureLearn Studio?
- Any FutureLearn Partner – whether you are creating open FutureLearn courses for a mass audience (MOOCs) or invite-only courses for your own students (SPOCs).
- This includes Full or Associate Partners.
- Any other private organisation (e.g. corporate, charity, healthcare provider etc) that is not a partner but wants to develop a private FutureLearn course for their own staff or clients.
What services can FutureLearn Studio provide?
There’s a broad range of services that we can offer to partners/clients. They can be classified under these four headings:
Training and capacity building
- Bespoke training workshops
- Social learning training – course facilitation and mentoring
- ‘Train the trainer’
- Classroom-based or remote training
Learning experience design
- Definition of programme aims and learning objectives
- Target audience definition and user research
- Storyboarding and instructional design
- Assessment design
- Wireframing and content prototyping
- Sourcing of third party material (e.g. archive footage)
- Rapid proof of concept development
- Content research (e.g. sourcing of case studies/contributors)
- Production planning
- Migration and enhancement of existing courses for FutureLearn
- Project management
- Video pre-production, filming (location or studio) and post-production
- Graphic design, animation and image sourcing.
- Transcription and subtitling
- Translation, copywriting, sub-editing and proofing
- Web development (e.g. interactive exercises)
- Content upload
- Quality assurance and compliance
- Post-course data analysis and insight
At present, FutureLearn Studio is unable to offer advice about copyright or assistance with clearance of copyright.
What do our services cost?
Because there is very rarely a ‘one size fits all’ approach to the design and production of online learning, we don’t have a set rate card of prices.
Our preferred approach is to first understand your needs, then tailor our proposal to provide a personalised quote.
Contact and further information
If you’re interested in commissioning FutureLearn Studio to support you in your course design or development, please speak to your Account Manager at FutureLearn, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation with Richard Banks (Head of Studio).
You can download the PDF presentation below about FutureLearn Studio, with examples of projects we’ve undertaken.