ARTICLE: [suggested title - Understanding your ExpertTrack learning journey]
Welcome to [first Course in ExpertTrack] and the start of your learning journey on [ExpertTrack name] brought to you by [partner name].
Over the next number courses, you'll explore core activities and have the opportunity to [produce/create/discover xxxxxx summary line from overarching ET proposal].
[if appropriate] Courses are organised in sequence, and for the best learning experience we suggest you follow this order:
We expect the entire ExpertTrack should take at least [total ET number] amount of weeks to complete. That said, everyone's different, and you may find yourself working at a different pace, and that's fine - one of the benefits of online learning is you can work at a pace that suits you.
You need to mark over 90%+ of steps as complete across the entire ExpertTrack, attempt every test and assessment question, and score an average of at least 70% across all your assessments, to be eligible to gain certificates at both individual course level, and overall ExpertTrack level.
Assessment in [enter this ET name]
[In this course you will see [number of] quizzes. Quizzes are for practice. They do not contribute towards your final score. They’re a fantastic opportunity for you to check your progress and understanding].
[Tests[ are part of your final score. You can retake tests as often as you need but it is important to complete them as they count towards your overall score.
[Peer Graded Assignment[s are part of your final score. They have been designed specifically for ExpertTracks to provide you with a chance to develop a deeper insight into the quality of your work through the review of your course peers.
You need to mark over 90%+ of steps as complete across the entire ExpertTrack, attempt every [test and assessment] question, and score an average of at least 70% across all your assessments, to be eligible to gain certificates at both individual course level, and overall ExpertTrack level.
Finally, you do not have to [take any test or submit any Peer Graded Assignment] until you’re ready. To help you prepare you might wish to spend some time reviewing and revising.
Deepen your learning
But there’s more to engagement than gaining certificates: we are confident that if you engage fully in all parts of this ExpertTrack you'll likely maximise your learning, encounter other perspectives and ideas, and have a richer learning experience. Full engagement includes:
- [Working through the component courses in the suggested order - they're arranged for a reason, and each course has been designed with a logical sequence. Jumping ahead without completing what came before may give you a disjointed learning experience]
- Reading, watching and listening across a variety of steps - some of which are text based, some with rich media.
- Sharing and discussing your learning with course peers - keep an eye out for the prompts which follow many steps, and get ready to spend a little more time on the Discussion steps.
- Developing your ideas through conversation - Educators will not be able to respond directly to comments in this ExpertTrack. We encourage learners to support one another, share personal experiences, and see new perspectives through the comments.
- [Concept-checking and assessing your progress by completing quiz steps - they’re just for practice, and the scores don’t count towards your certificate of achievement.]
- [Completing [number] tests across the entire ExpertTrack[
- [Creating, producing and sharing your own work in the Peer Graded Assignments (you'll see [number] of these across the ExpertTrack, [number] in each course).]
- [Exploring and assessing your peers' work in the Peer Graded Assignments]
- You need to mark over 90%+ of steps as complete across the entire ExpertTrack, attempt every test question, and score an average of at least 70% across all your assessments, to be eligible to gain certificates at both individual course level, and overall ExpertTrack level.
Find out more about ExpertTracks on our Community pages here.
[suggested for inclusion] For a full breakdown of assessments in this ExpertTrack please see the download section.]
The next step will explain everything you need to know about your first course, [course name here].