Download a PDF example of an assignment brief (including prompts and rubrics) kindly reproduced with permission from The British Council.
PGAs are relatively complex to design. We suggest you use our off-platform manuscript to design and perfect your rubric before moving to Course Creator. ExpertTrack Resources: Manuscript for PGAs
The build process
- For the first step of the PGA - the brief - create an article step as normal (or use a video or audio step if appropriate to the content).
- Next, add your Peer Graded Assignment step. In Course Creator select ‘add step’ as normal, choose the Peer Graded Assignment step from the drop-down.
This step type is only available for ExpertTrack courses. If you cannot see the option to add a PGA step in the drop down please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final step - the Peer Grade step - is added automatically when you add the PGA step. No action is required by you. The two steps are linked. They can be previewed, but not deleted separately.
- To delete a PGA you need to delete the submission step. This will remove both steps.
Add and edit prompts
In the PGA step, select the ‘edit prompts and rubrics’ button.
- Select ‘Add prompt’.
- Select prompt’s submission type from the dropdown menu, provide short text describing the prompt in ‘Text’ field and (optionally) a detailed description in an ‘Additional text’ field.
- Add at least one rubric item for the prompt. Provide the title for it as well as the grades with descriptions. (optional) Select ‘Add grade’ to assign more than two grades in a current rubric item.
- An assignment prompt can have several rubric items. Select ‘Add rubric item’ to add another rubric item for the prompt.
- Select ‘Save prompt’ to save changes and create a new prompt.
- To add rubric items or grades for an existing prompt, please use the edit prompt screen.
Edit a rubric
- Select ‘edit prompts and rubrics’ on the ‘Peer Graded Assignment’ step page.
- Select the edit prompt button (a pencil icon) next to the prompt you want to edit
- Update the fields that need a change.
- (optional) Add new rubrics or grades if needed.
Remove a prompt
Removing a prompt deletes all rubrics and grades related to it. The action is not reversible.
- Select ‘delete prompt’ on the confirmation page.
- Select ‘edit prompts and rubrics’ on ‘Peer Graded Assignment’ step page.
- Select the ‘delete prompt’ button next to the prompt you want to delete.
Terminology on this page that you aren’t familiar with? Check out our glossary.