- individually or
- in bulk by uploading a CSV file.
Speak to your Partnership Manager about how you'll be charged for enrolments created using this feature.
To invite learners onto microcredentials and degree programs, you’ll need either:
- the learning manager permission for your organisation or
- the program learner admin permission for the microcredential or program you are inviting learners to
- Sign in to Learning Manager and click ‘Invite and enrol learners’.
- Select the invite learners to microcredentials and degree programs option or enrol a single learner on a degree and select the continue button.
If inviting learners individually
3. Enter their unique learner ID.
Select the microcredential or degree program the learner should be enrolled on, enter their unique learner ID (usually their student or employee ID), the email address the invitation should be sent to, and the date that the invitation should expire. Click send an invitation.
If inviting learners to specific runs within a degree select as few or as many as you like. Students can always be enrolled on some program runs at a later date.
5. If this learner hasn’t been invited before
If they haven’t linked their FutureLearn account to their student ID yet, a link will be generated that you can share with the student.
The student will need to accept the invitation in this link in order to access their degree / programs. The link expires after 4 weeks.
If inviting learners in bulk
Follow steps 1 and 2 above then move to the bottom at the page. Find the option to upload a csv file. Click the begin button.
4. Select Download the CSV template.
An excel file will be downloaded for you to use.
5. Complete the columns in the CSV template.
The CSV template has 5 headings. Each column will need to be completed to ensure the upload of the file is successful.
- external_learner_id: The unique identifier for the learner, usually a student or employee ID.
- email: The learner’s email address. The FutureLearn platform will send the invitation email to this address.
- program_code: The unique code for the microcredential or program you wish to invite the learner to. If the microcredential or program doesn't already have a code, you'll need to set one on the edit program page in Course Creator.
- program_run_code: The unique code for the run of the microcredential or program. If the run does not already have a code, you'll need to set one on the program run page in Course Creator.
- expiry_time: The date and time (in UTC) that the invitation will expire, in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format (eg 2020-10-10 09:00:00)
Invitations will be valid until the time you specify regardless of whether the microcredential or program is open or closed for enrolment.
6. Save your updated CSV file and select continue to upload.
7. Select choose file, select your completed CSV file, and click upload CSV.
8. Double check
If no errors are detected in your CSV file you will be given a final opportunity to double-check the uploaded details before sending the invitations.
If you spot any mistakes, click reupload to upload an updated version of your CSV file. Once satisfied that all of the details are correct, click send invitations. A success message will confirm that the invitations have been sent.
Errors with the CSV file
If there are any errors detected in your CSV file, you will be prompted to edit the file and reupload it. No invitations will be sent until all the errors in your file have been resolved.
View and cancel existing invitations
1. View pending invitations for a microcredential or program
Sign into Learning Manager and click the corresponding button on the home page.
2. Select the relevant run.
3. View the details of learners who are enrolled.
But not those who have yet to accept their invitation.
Click the invitations tab to see the details of all the invitations sent for the chosen run.
4. Click the cancel button in the actions column.
To cancel an invitation.
5. The status will change from pending to canceled.
6. If the learner attempts to accept an invitation after it has been canceled
They will see an error message.
Terminology on this page that you aren’t familiar with? Check out our glossary.