A Project Lead is the primary point of contact within a partner organisation who is in contact with FutureLearn on a day-to-day basis:
- Primary day-to-day contact with your Partnership Manager participating in regular catch up calls
- Attends FutureLearn events such as Partner Forum to learn about latest FutureLearn developments and network with other partners
- Informs FutureLearn of any third-party relationships related to your courses i.e. Co-Creators, Sponsors or Accreditors
A Project Lead has oversight of all the partner's courses on FutureLearn:
- Engages with your Partnership Manager when new courses are being planned and updates them with progress being made on existing courses
- Updates FutureLearn with changes or additions to the course schedule and dates for new runs
- Maintains courses over time such as changing members of course teams and any updates need to courses as new runs are scheduled or the platform changes
- Ensures time-bound tasks (such as scheduling course emails, quality assurance deadlines, maintaining your course development timeline) are met in a timely manner
The Project Lead ensures course quality is kept to a high standard and supports colleagues with the use of the FutureLearn platform:
- Supports colleagues and any related third parties involved in the creation of courses which may include staff development required to use the FutureLearn platform
- Supports and trains course facilitators who will take on the role of supporting learners via the course's social features.
- Responsible for following the Quality Assurance process and aligning to the Course Criteria
- Periodically reviews/evaluates courses by reviewing course dashboards to gain insight and make improvements where necessary
Business Leads have a more strategic/business view of an organisation's relationship with FutureLearn.
- Typically a Pro-Vice Chancellor or similar senior figure
- Business leads from universities on a standard partnership will be invited to the Partner Advisory Group (PAG) meetings
- Our Partnerships team will maintain regular contact with a Business Lead over contracts, terms of membership and your wider strategic aims.
Communicates to the media and FutureLearn about your courses:
- To communicate about your courses to the media, our communications team will need a contact in your comms / PR team
- In accordance with your FutureLearn contract any press releases or other communications to media referencing FutureLearn are flagged to our communications team at least 48 hours in advance to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging
- Our communications team can be contacted via email@example.com
The marketing of courses is a joint effort between FutureLearn and partners:
- Responsible for your organisation's marketing of a course, often via social media and/or paid advertising and on your organisation's website
- We recommend every partner builds a marketing plan with a focus on target audience. This can be shared with FutureLearn and can be used to review your course for content that will help your target audience.
- FutureLearn works with partners to adjust their plans so that we amplify your marketing efforts and don't duplicate work e.g. bidding on the same keywords in search or running competing ads.