FutureLearn’s next steps
Once we receive your proposal, FutureLearn will:
- Assign a Course Development Manager to work on your course.
- Create the course shell in Course Creator - the proposal will change from 'submitted' to 'processed' status,
- Start work to source a course page banner image, or check any potential course banner images you have sent us (this will be agreed in collaboration with you),
- Start work on the course title and description, based on the information given in your proposal (this will be agreed in collaboration with you - please note we will add 'TBC' to the start of your course title until our copywriting is complete, please do not remove this),
- Confirm your planned start date with you (if you do not have a firm start date, a provisional date is needed so that we can provide deadlines for each milestone),
- Send you specific deadlines for each stage in the process, calculated in relation to your course start date. The deadlines given below are guides.
- Share a 'Quality Assurance' document with you, specific to the course. Using this document, you will be able to submit your course outline, and receive Quality Assurance feedback.
Partner’s next steps
- Start working on your course description page – a FutureLearn copywriter will suggest a title and description, however it is your responsibility to complete the other course page elements such as the learning objectives, syllabus and course team. Follow the link below to move onto the next stage of course production where you'll find lots of resources to help the Planning Stage.