FutureLearn Campus provides staff and students at your organisation with free upgrades on certain short courses.
Once set up with FutureLearn Campus, your organisation will have its own co-branded FutureLearn Campus landing page at https://www.futurelearn.com/campus/your-organisation (where 'your-organisation' is your organisation's slug on the FutureLearn website) that your staff and students can use to enable free upgrades on publicly listed courses within the FutureLearn Campus portfolio.
The self-service subscription journey includes an eligibility check, so you can safely link to this landing page from publicly accessible websites and email campaigns.
The landing page explains FutureLearn Campus to your learners and then invites them to verify their eligibility. This can be done in one of two ways:
- If your organisation has SAML single sign-on (SSO) enabled, we can ask your learners to sign in with your SAML identity provider. We call this SAML verification.
- Alternatively, if SSO is not available, we can ask your learners to enter their organisational email address. Provided the domain name matches, a verification code is sent to the address provided. The learner is then asked to enter this code to prove that the address is their own. We call this email verification.
After successfully verifying their eligibility, learners are asked to sign in or register for a FutureLearn account and to connect it to their organisational email address or SSO identity.
Finally, the learner is subscribed to FutureLearn Campus invited to pick some courses to join.
Discovering and upgrading on courses
Once a learner has successfully subscribed to FutureLearn Campus, they can use a new 'Included in FutureLearn Campus' filter on the courses page to find courses that they can upgrade on for free. They can also look for the 'Included in FutureLearn Campus' label on course cards.
To get their free upgrade, learners click through to the course description page followed by the 'Join course for free' button. They are then presented with the option to join with a free upgrade. The regular join options are also available in case the learner wishes to join a course without sharing their progress.
Inviting learners to specific courses
You can invite your staff and students to your own organisation's courses for free using SAML enrolment links and regular Learning Manager course invitations.
You can also use SAML enrolment links (but not regular Learning Manager course invitations) to invite your staff and students to eligible courses from other organisations.
Courses that are included in FutureLearn Campus will always be shown with a price per enrolment of £0. If a different price is shown, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before continuing.
Please also remember to deactivate any SAML enrolment links you create by the end of December 2021 to avoid incurring charges for late enrolments.
|Learning Manager course invitations||SAML enrolment links|
|Your own organisation's courses (listed and invite-only)||✅ Free with FutureLearn Campus||✅ Free with FutureLearn Campus|
|Campus-eligible courses from other organisations||⚠ Usual costs apply||✅ Free with FutureLearn Campus|
|Non Campus-eligible courses from other organisations||⚠ Usual costs apply||⚠ Usual costs apply|
Which courses are included
Free FutureLearn Campus upgrades are available on:
- Publicly listed, upgraded access course runs from participating partners that are scheduled to start on or before 31st December 2021 (via self service and SAML enrolment links only).
- Invite-only courses from the inviting organisation (via course invitations and SAML enrolment links only).
In particular, free FutureLearn Campus upgrades are NOT available on:
- Premium (paid-for) courses
- Microcredentials and degree programs