Over the coming weeks we'll be replacing the current Manage Courses page with new pages that are designed to make it easier for partners to quickly find and manage their courses.
This article describes the new features that you'll find on the new pages..
To improve navigation to a course run, we have created a new courses search page, which allows you to dynamically search for specific runs. This is designed to be a faster and more user friendly navigation experience.
The courses search page has three sections:
1. Search bar - this can be used to search for courses that you know the name of. Simply start typing the name of your course and it will return results based on your search term. You will need to type at least three characters to activate the search.
Note that the search returns course runs, and not courses. Results are initially ordered by run, with the latest run first, but you can also order results by code or start date.
2. Pinned - This area is for storing courses that you frequently need access to, so that you can get to them quickly without needing to search for them.
To pin a course simply click on the pin icon in any search result, or course card in Course Creator, and it will appear in this section.
3. Recently updated - This area contains the eight most recently updated courses for your organisation. You cannot control the courses that appear here, but they may be useful for finding courses that have been recently edited by yourself or your colleagues.
Both the search results and the cards contain two links: Manage course run, and Manage course.
The Manage course run link will take you to the current run of that course, here you can update information about the course run, including editing content.
The Manage course link will take you to the Manage Course page, where you can edit information about the course, and also see all the runs of that course.
All courses page
For courses you do not know the name of you can look for, we have created a new courses overview page which is more performant than the existing Mange Courses page.
Here you will find all the course runs of your organisation that you have access to, grouped by course, and in alphabetical order.
You will find all of the usual actions from the Manage Courses page, including: tabs to view active, sandbox and retired courses, links to manage the course run, view the run from the learner’s perspective, and to edit the course information.
You will see 20 courses per page, and can move through pages via the pagination links at the bottom of the screen:
Opting in and out of these new pages
Currently you can opt in to this feature to preview it ahead of time. To do so follow these steps:
- Log in to Course Creator
- Click on the Courses tab at the top of the screen
- You should see an Opt in button at the top of the screen that looks like this:
4. Click on the Opt in button
5. You have now opted in to the new feature!
6. If you would prefer to go back to using the old Manage Courses page, simply click the Opt out button at the bottom of the screen: